Star Building Materials Calgary is proud to announce the relocation and expansion of its distribution yard. An industry leader in Alberta, Star Building Materials is tripling the size of the distribution yard, ultimately better positioning the business to continue meeting market demands by creating room for growth. Star Building Materials is also introducing leading-edge technology with the installation of the first Boise Cascade precision cut saw for engineered wood products (EWP) in Canada.
The main store, including the truss plant, main office, customer service yard and door shop will remain at the current location at 2345 Alyth Road SE in Calgary.
A new location on over 12 acres of land with access to Stoney Trail, the Calgary ring road, strategically locates the distribution yard to better serve the current and emerging market needs in Calgary and surrounding areas.
The new site will have:
- a nearly 5,000 sq ft EWP saw shop
- a 24,000 sq ft warehouse with a 3,600 sq ft canopy
- new office and staff facilities.
The entire distribution yard team will be employed at the new yard, with room to allow for future growth.
- The distribution yard is responsible for packaging and delivering building and EWP materials, which make up over 80 per cent of Star Building Material’s overall sales.
- The reduced supplier traffic and stock transfers at the main store location will allow for more efficient use of the Star Building Materials fleet.
Construction is slated to begin in summer 2018 with staff expected to begin working at the new location in spring 2019.
The new and current location of Star Building Materials Distribution Yard is shown below: