At Star Building Materials, we offer an exciting place to build your career, with:
Reporting to the Supervisor, Joist Production, as the Manufacturing Labourer, Joist Production, you will perform general labour activities and provide support to the Production team. You also assist in ensuring cleanliness and organization of the job site.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Completing basic carpentry tasks, assembling lumber packages and properly securing the materials. Inspecting finished shipping packages for accuracy and quality.
- Ensuring wood is cut according to specified dimensions and angles.
- Examining work orders to determine equipment set up and procedures to be used.
- Building and stacking pony walls on skids and banding bundles with steel strapping.
- Operating diesel, electric or propane powered forklifts to safely move goods. Supplying production area with feedstock materials.
- Inspecting and maintaining equipment, and reporting major mechanical problems to the Yard Foreman.
- Working safely and complying with Qualico’s Safety Program and relevant safety regulations.
- Providing support to other projects or duties as assigned.
As our ideal candidate, you are…
- Organized; you effectively manage your time while balancing multiple priorities.
- A strong communicator; you clearly express your thoughts in conversation and in written communication.
- An active listener; you seek to understand and listen to others in a non-judgmental way.
What We Value
- Creating trusting and successful working relationships.
- Setting clear, measurable and achievable goals.
- Cooperating with team members in an open, positive and respectful manner.
- Staying current with technical job skills.
- Taking responsibility for the outcomes of decisions and actions.
You primarily work at the manufacturing plant. Work has exposure to noise from equipment/machinery and occupational hazards as well as dealing with inclement weather and dust. Overtime may occasionally be required.
Star Building Materials is an independent, wholly owned division of Qualico. The company is a leading provider of building materials, trusses, ready to move homes, and cottage and garage packages operating under the Star Building Materials, Star Ready to Move Homes and Star Truss brands. With over 50 years of experience, Star Building Materials is committed to providing reliable and innovative products and services.
Qualico is committed to the health, safety and wellness of its employees and the community. By continuing our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace, Qualico has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires all employees in Canada to be fully vaccinated. Proof of vaccination, in the form of a provincially recognized document, must be submitted as a condition of employment. Our policy allows for accommodation in cases of valid medical or religious exemptions. Information related to proof of vaccination or exemption will be kept confidential.
Candidates being considered will be contacted. We thank you for your interest.
Qualico welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.