At Star Building Materials, we offer an exciting place to build your career, with:
Reporting to the Shipping Supervisor, the Boom Truck Driver loads, delivers and unloads building products to various customer sites. They are also responsible for keeping the equipment they operate in good working condition. The boom Truck Driver operates the truck mounted crane, unloads shingles onto the roof, and delivers drywall.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Providing excellent customer service to all customers as a representative of the company.
- Loading truck in a safe and timely manner, minimizing down time in the yard. Assisting forklift operators to load trucks as needed.
- Verifying accuracy of shipping documents.
- Delivering materials via the most efficient route to remain on schedule.
- Taking photos for proof of undamaged, complete and correctly placed delivery.
- Adhering to Star’s Safety Programs and standard operating procedures at all times.
- Keeping equipment clean and in good operating condition, including completion of daily pre-trip inspections.
You primarily work outdoors during regular business hours. Work is mobile with exposure to potential accidents or occupational hazards as well as dealing with inclement weather, heights, dust and noise. Occasional weekend or evening work may be required. Actions taken and decisions made directly impact the safety and health of others. Overtime may be required during the busy season.
Star Building Materials is an independent, wholly owned division of Qualico. The company is a leading provider of building materials, trusses, ready to move homes, and cottage and garage packages operating under the Star Building Materials, Star Ready to Move Homes and Star Truss brands. With over 50 years of experience, Star Building Materials is committed to providing reliable and innovative products and services.
Qualico is committed to the health, safety and wellness of its employees and the community. By continuing our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace, Qualico has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires all employees in Canada to be fully vaccinated. Proof of vaccination, in the form of a provincially recognized document, must be submitted as a condition of employment. Our policy allows for accommodation in cases of valid medical or religious exemptions. Information related to proof of vaccination or exemption will be kept confidential.
Candidates being considered will be contacted. We thank you for your interest.