At Star Building Materials, we offer an exciting place to build your career, with:
Reporting to the Shipping Supervisor, the Boom Truck Driver loads, delivers and unloads building products to various customer sites. They are also responsible for keeping the equipment they operate in good working condition. The boom Truck Driver operates the truck mounted crane, unloads shingles onto the roof, and delivers drywall.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Providing excellent customer service to all customers as a representative of the company.
- Loading trucks in a safe and timely manner, minimizing down time in the yard.
- Assisting forklift operators loading trucks as needed.
- Verifying accuracy of shipping documents.
- Delivering materials via the most efficient route to remain on schedule.
- Taking photos for proof of undamaged, complete and correctly placed delivery.
- Adhering to Star’s Safety Programs and standard operating procedures at all times.
- Keeping equipment clean and in good operating condition, including completion of daily pre-trip inspections and site assessments.
- Problem solving and decision making as part of day to day tasks.
- Using iPad apps for safety, inspections and proof of delivery (Site Docs, Bistrack).
- Operating delivery units with courtesy and according to provincial regulations.
You primarily work outdoors during regular business hours. Work is mobile with exposure to potential accidents or occupational hazards as well as dealing with inclement weather, heights, dust and noise. Occasional weekend or evening work may be required. Actions taken and decisions made directly impact the safety and health of others. Overtime may be required during the busy season.
Star Building Materials is an independent, wholly owned division of Qualico. The company is a leading provider of building materials, trusses, ready to move homes, and cottage and garage packages operating under the Star Building Materials, Star Ready to Move Homes and Star Truss brands. With over 50 years of experience, Star Building Materials is committed to providing reliable and innovative products and services.
Qualico welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.
Candidates being considered will be contacted. We thank you for your interest.